* A lawsuit alleges that the wife of an MLB star had an affair with a former pastor. Guess that pastor allegedly made it to home base… [Fox News]
* A lawyer at Dechert has been sanctioned $10,000 for conduct during closing arguments of litigation involving purportedly defective earplugs. [Reuters]
* A defendant accused of stabbing a California attorney to death is due in court. [ABC News]
* A class action has been filed over a massive chemical fire that occurred at a Chemtool plant earlier this month. [Chicago Tribune]
* Harvard successfully dismissed a lawsuit alleging that students should receive tuition discounts due to COVID-19. Guess a Harvard education doesn’t just cost a Zoom subscription and $1.50 in late fees at the public library. [Forbes]
Jordan Rothman is a partner of The Rothman Law Firm, a full-service New York and New Jersey law firm. He is also the founder of Student Debt Diaries, a website discussing how he paid off his student loans. You can reach Jordan through email at email@example.com.